Data Consent to Use of Personal Data
1. This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. From time to time NOS will be under a legal obligation to provide to other organisations some personal details and, occasionally, to others who have key executive roles in the Charity.
2. As the information is of a personal nature it comes within the provisions under The Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (the “Act”), “Personal Data” shall mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data and other organisation has or is likely to have access. This also includes data which is already in the possession of NOS or that which shall be collected in the future.
3. NOS may collect either directly or from authorised representative’s personal data which may include, without limitation your statutory name, NRIC/FIN and/or passport number, its date of expiry, registered address, contact details, email address, account/credit card details, IRAS and salary details, images, photographs and videos with reasonable security measures to ensure adequate protection. However, NOS cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use by third parties attributed to factors beyond its control.
4. We take the security of your information very seriously and we comply with the relevant prevailing legislation which requires us to have in place appropriate security measures at all times, including where we share your information with others.
5. It is understood that NOS retains the right to solely determine the copy and content of the data provided and reserves the right to use the information for promotional purposes, as follows:.
Purpose of Collection
6. NOS holds and processes the personal data for the purpose of administering communications relating to events, productions, shows, concerts, collaborations and services that we, our partners and/or third-party organisations efficiently, effectively and economically in pursuit of its charitable purposes.
7. This will include, but is not limited to, the communication of information relevant to the governance and administration of NOS to and between other organisations, and the sharing of knowledge and expertise between relative individuals specifically to further any interests for the benefit of both parties.
8. In a role as a member/supporter of NOS we may, subject to your consent, use your personal data to keep you informed of the wider activities of the charity, particularly those in which you have special experience and/or expertise or in which you have expressed a particular interest. This will include providing you with information relating to any fundraising activities which the charity undertakes.
9. Your personal data will also be used to ensure that any activities which you are required, or are invited, to participate are tailored to any specific needs that you have and, where appropriate.
10. NOS will not share your personal data with any other individual, group or organisation for any purpose other than those which are directly related to the activities and charitable purposes of the charity.
Disclosure without consent
11. NOS will disclose your personal data without consent in circumstances where such disclosure:
a. is necessary for any purpose which is clearly in your interests, if consent for its disclosure cannot be obtained in a timely way;
b. is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
c. is necessary for any purpose that is in the public interest;
d. is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
e. is necessary for NOS to obtain legal services; or
f. is required or permitted by the Act or any other applicable law.
Access, update and correction of data
12. You may request to access, update, correct the use of your personal data which are provided by you with your consent for use by the charity for promoting its general activities and purposes within a reasonable period upon which such request is being made.
Withdrawal of consent
13. You may withdraw your consent for NOS’s use of your personal data which are provided by you with your consent for use by the charity for promoting its general activities and purposes within a reasonable period upon which such withdrawal request is being made if you believe that there are significant inaccuracies in the data that we hold or that the way in which we process your data produces inaccurate results.
Deletion of Data
14. You may request deletion of your consent for the charity’s use of your personal data which are provided by you with your consent for use by the charity for promoting its general activities and purposes within a reasonable period upon which such deletion request is being made.
15. NOS will also be deleting your personal data within reasonable period of retention and assumption that the purpose for which the personal data was collected is no longer necessary for any other business or legal purposes.
The legitimate interests of the controller
16. The legitimate interests of the Controller (on behalf of NOS) are:
a. To ensure that the human resources available to the charity – both volunteers (including its Board members) and employees – are used effectively, efficiently and economically to pursue the purposes of the charity for the public benefit;
b. To promote and facilitate communication, cooperation and the sharing of experience and expertise between the Board, other volunteers, employees, beneficiaries and donors.
Legitimate interest of third parties
17. The legitimate interests of third parties are to ensure that the interests and well-being of the data are properly met when the charities activities are carried out by the third party (eg: providing transport to/from events, providing food and accommodation).
18. In addition to the statutory information that we collect, hold and process for the purpose of managing the charity’s legal obligations and legitimate interests’ affairs we also collect and hold:
a. All information you choose to submit to us when you communicate to us by post, e-mail, messaging, or other form of image-based (eg: photographs), sound-based (eg: sound files) or text-based communication, whether physical (eg: ink & paper) or electronic.
b. Copies of any notes that we take, whether physical (eg: ink & paper) or electronic, during verbal communications between us (eg: telephone; whatsApp, messages).
c. Information on what we communicate to you by post, e-mail, messaging, or other form of image-based or text-based communication whether physical (eg: ink & paper) or electronic, including information in all ancillary materials (eg: attachments, images, brochures, posters, banners).
Update to Policy
19. NOS reserves the right to update its Policy in compliance with relevant changes or in accordance with its needs without prior notice as our services change.
20. We will endeavour to update you whenever our means and operational requirements would permit it. Otherwise, please check our website for notifications of significant changes to this policy.
21. If you do not notify us that you wish the information that we hold on you to be deleted and to have no further contact with us, we will take it that you accept the changes.
Our contact details
For feedback and enquiries in relation to the foregoing Policy, please send us an email at: email@example.com
Or write to us at : 28 Aliwal Street, #02-03, Singapore 199918.
Effectivity and Updates
28 Feb 2019
7 Mar 2019
15 Apr 2019
24 Aug 2019